By Cimaron Neugebauer
A 17-year-old has died after a hickey reportedly took his life, according to a local news outlet in Mexico City, Mexico.
Doctors say the teen began having convulsions while at the dinner table eating with his family in Mexico City. Before dinner, Julio Macias Gonzalez had spent the evening with his 24-year-old girlfriend, who is now in hiding.
Medical professionals believe the suction of the hickey resulted in a blood clot for the teen. Doctors believe the blood clot traveled to his brain and caused the fatal stroke.
This isn’t the first time for a passionate kiss on the neck to land someone in the hospital.
In a 2010 case, was reported in a New Zealand Medical Journal where a 44-year-old woman was rushed to the hospital after losing movement in her arm due to a hickey on her neck, Doctors weren’t sure why the woman was having a stroke, but then noticed a bruise on her neck and realized the suction on a major artery created a blood clot, which traveled to her heart, causing a minor stroke.
Thanks to Kebmodee for bringing this to the It’s Interesting community.