Doctor’s remove nine inch long sex toy from Chinese man’s colon

colon

A Chinese man was forced to seek medical help when a nine-inch long dildo got stuck in his intestines for five days. Doctors at Zhongshan Hospital in the Xuhui District said that they removed the dildo from the 30-year-old man on Saturday.

According to The Huffington Post, the dildo (“butt plug”) measured roughly nine inches and three inches wide. Shanghai Daily reports that doctors say it got stuck in his anus and slipped into his intestine after he inserted it to “enhance sexual pleasure with his wife.”

According to Shanghai Daily, the man reported at the hospital on Friday after he began experiencing pain. Doctors failed to remove the object at the first attempt, The Inquisitr reports. He returned the next day after visiting another hospital. The doctors made a second attempt and removed the dildo on Saturday.

Shanghai Daily reports Dr. Yao Liqing said: “If we did not remove the dildo in time, the man could have gone into critical condition.” He added: “Doctors were astonished to see such a big item taken out of the patient’s body.”

Liqing said the dildo blocked the man’s large intestine and caused tissue damage. AFP reports that a hospital spokesman said surgeons removed the dildo from the man’s intestines using an endoscope. The Inquistr reports Liqing said: “We had decided to operate if we failed to take it out with the help of an endoscope. In the end we removed it and avoided having to do surgery.”

According to AFP, the Chinese state media reported that accidents involving sex toys are on the rise “amid loosening attitudes towards sex.”

The sex toy industry in China is booming. China is the world’s top producer of sex toys with 70% of the world’s sex toys produced in the country. The industry is estimated at $2 billion. The Huffington Post reports that as the younger generation of Chinese with increasing standards of living adopt more sexually permissive lifestyles, shops selling sex toys and contraceptives have become commonplace in Chinese cities.

According to the Shanghai Daily, medical professionals observing the increasing incidence of accidents involving sex toys have warned people to carefully follow manufacturer’s instructions and not to use the toys in “unintended” ways.
Shanghaiist comments: “Doctors reminded the public that it’s not the size but what you do with it that counts.”

Dr. Yao Liqing said: “People must use sex toys properly and avoid ones that are too big as they can hurt people. There have been three similar cases so far this year. In the previous two or three years, we only had one such case. These patients were in deep pain when they arrived at the hospital.”

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/335143#ixzz2F2reaUuP

Thanks To Mrs. Lindley for bringing this to the attention of the It’s Interesting community.

Colonoscopy Reveals Living Cockroach in Patient’s Colon

“A 52-year-old woman with a history of depression was referred by her  primary physician for colorectal cancer screening. She had no family  history of colorectal cancer and a review of systems was positive for  abdominal bloating. Bowel preparation was done using 4 L of polyethylene  glycol the evening prior to screening colonoscopy. The procedure was  uncomplicated with no gross mucosal pathology, however, an insect was  found in the transverse colon (Fig. 1, to the left), was found in the transverse colon on a routine screening colonoscopy.). The insect was aspirated and sent to the lab for further identification. The insect had three body segments (head, thorax, and abdomen) with ventrodorsal flattening of the body and a segmented abdomen, three pairs of legs extending from the thorax (with spikes and claw-like terminal appendages), elongated hind legs, and a pair of elongated antennae extending from the head to beyond the hind legs.These morphologic findings were most consistent with the nymph form of Blattella germanica (German cockroach) of the Blattellidae family, a common household pest. The patient had a cockroach infestation at home and hence it was hypothesized that she may have inadvertently ingested a cockroach with food.”

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/discoblog/2011/01/03/ncbi-rofl-an-unusual-finding-during-screening-colonoscopy-a-cockroach/