Carolina Reaper Chili forces home evacuation in Manchester

Posted: November 16, 2015 in Uncategorized
Tags: , , ,

Terri Moran, 19, had been enjoying drinks with pals at her home ahead of a night of Halloween festivities on October 29 in Fallowfield, Manchester, when two of them were taken ill.

The Criminology and Sociology student said: “We thought it’s got to be a gas leak, nothing else came to mind. We ran out of the house.

“We then saw the house behind us and another on our left that were doing the same thing.

She added: “Everyone was quite scared because chili never came to our mind and the only thought was a gas leak.

“I rang 111 and they said to ring 999.

“I said: ‘We don’t know what’s going on, we think there’s been a gas leak or maybe a burst pipe.’

“They told me to get everyone out of the house.

“We were all quite panicky and the fire-fighters helped to calm us down.

“They came out of the house coughing and had to put gas masks on before going back in.

“They got a big industrial fan to ventilate all the houses one-by-one and opened all the door and windows.”

She added fire-fighters told her the case was the “weirdest they had dealt with in 20 years”.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s